This is a quick how to on how to resize a partition on FreePBX. I’ve read some steps on here, having to change some on my side to make it work. This is for use on Vultr and Freepbx 15, but it should work with any VPS
- Download GParted Live ISO
- Start server with ISO
- Resize the partition size and save / commit
- “df -h /home/” - Used to determine filesystem name
- “vgdisplay SangomaVG” - Used to determine how much free space (you should have already run Gparted to resize partition by now
- “lvextend -L +26GB /dev/mapper/SangomaVG-root” - 26GB indicates its resizing logical partition by 26GB (insert free space from step above
- “xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/SangomaVG-root -d” (extends FreePBX filesystem to match
- “reboot” - Reboot to make sure it takes effect
- Check System Admin under storage to make sure it worked properly.
Use case: upgrading VPS on Vultr from $10 55GB plan to $20 80GB plan.