We have a SangomaOS PBX (build from .ISO).
Been up and working for years.
SIP trunk (circuit) for all calls.
All phones are remote to the PBX (but not VPN).
Nearly all phones are Yealink SIP-T29G units.
We have one remote phone (Yealink) which is a VPN remote phone.
This phone has worked for a long time, but recently the end user is reporting in these stranger conditions.
NOTE: The user does not log into the UI of her Yealink or the PBX, so no changes have been made.
Making a call:
- When she picks up the handset to make a call: no dial tone (just dead air). Her phone is not loosing registration during the day.
- If she wants to call out: she needs to dial 1st and then press speaker to make the call because the handset is not working.
Receiving a call:
- When the phone rings: she has to answer it with speakerphone.
- While on speakerphone: sometimes she can switch to handset.
- She cannot transfer a call: locked to speakerphone.
This user knows how to make/receive calls because she is the normal “front desk”, and she makes/takes calls all day. I tend to think she really has a grasp at dealing with calls for years now with her Yealink phone.
I was thinking about asking her to send me a .CFG of her phone and loading that onto another phone to see if this phone has the same concerns when using her .CFG.
Thanks for any tips.