Remote call monitoring

Is there a way to provide a third party with access to the call monitor feature without providing them with an extension? I can’t think of how but I thought I’d throw the question out there.

You could use the DISA module to create a Direct Inward System Access line. Link that to an IVR that the person can dial into. The person dials in, enters a secret code to bring up the DISA, enters the DISA access code, and then gets a dial tone. Then that person should be able to use the Channel Spy feature code to listen in on calls.

I thought there may be a way to use the DISA feature but didn’t know if I wanted to run the risk of someone freeloading LD calls. If it’s passcode protected, that will help ease my mind quite a bit.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will look into it ASAP!

Well I created/protected the DISA just fine, but I can’t seem to get it to dial internally: everything I enter gets pushed to the outside world. Thoughts? Sorry if I’m missing something simple, it’s been one of those days. :slight_smile:

I just tested it and was able to dial internally, including a Channel Spy option, without difficulty. However, the channel it spied on was my own, which created a feedback loop.

You could also try making the channel spy a misc appliation and/or misc destination (I can’t remember which one) and then make it an option off of an IVR. For security, I’d make it a LONG option, i.e. 5639567, rather than option 4.

What do you have your ChanSpy set to? 555?

I sounds to me like the context for your DISA is set wrong, you want it set to match the same context as the extensions on your system. There is a field in the DISA for setting the context

Lorne

lgaetz is right.

The default disa context is “from-internal” (without the quotes). Go into the DISA module, click on the DISA you created. The context should read

from-internal

If it doesn’t, type that in, save, and reload. Or just do the IVR thing that I recommended.