Can anyone explain how the Registration Times should be set? Are they in seconds or minutes under Asterisk SIP Settings - Chan SIP - Registration Times? I’m confused on how they should correspond with my phone registration timeout settings. There are 5 items here: registertimeout, registerattempts, minexpiry, maxexpiry, & defaultexpiry.
- registertimeout = I left this at 60 and I believe this is the interval in seconds between retry attempts from asterisk. I did not mess with this setting
- registerattempts = I left this at 0 so it would never stop trying to re-register. As in the pop-up bubble it is recommended in case the network goes down for an extended period of time your phones will still register when it comes back up. I did not mess with this setting either
- minexpiry = The minimum time limit in which asterisk expects your Phone will send a Registration Refresh. This field is in seconds. Consider this the bottom limit on a window of time that Asterisk is looking for a reponse from your Phone.
- maxexpiry = The maximum time limit in which asterisk expects your Phone will send a Registration Refresh. This field is in seconds. Consider this the upper limit on a window of time that Asterisk is looking for a reponse from your Phone.
- defaultexpiry = The typical time in which your Phone will send a Registration Timeout Refresh message. This field is in seconds. I made this the same as the Register Timeout Expiration field in my Phone Settings.
For an example:
Phone Config - Register Expiration = 5 min
Phone Config - Reregister before Expiration = 0
FreePBX - Registration Times - minexpiry = 240 secs
FreePBX - Registration Times - maxexpiry = 360 secs
FreePBX - Registration Times - defaultexpiry = 300 secs
This is just what I found in some experimenting with the values. If I have come to this conclusion incorrectly please feel free to correct me or elaborate on my findings. Hope this will help someone else.