Redirect outgoing calls to a queue

Hi

Does anyone know of a way to redirect outgoing calls that don’t match any of the Dial Patterns in out going routes to a internal queue?

Thanks,

Phil

I am thinking that you would be able to have those calls directed to you so that you could ask them what number they are dialing, look at the log right away and hopefully resolve problems faster. Or catch people who are calling 888-sex-lines.
:slight_smile:

I am fairly certain that this is not a current FreePBX option. I have entered virtually all options in a manual that I wrote, so I am able to search on text easily. But I can throw a few ideas and hope that a smart Developer takes interest. Seems like you would create an outbound route with xxxxxxxxxxx that covers all remaining possibilities besides the previously configured good routes, and then point to a Custom Trunk that calls you. Sure seems doable to me. Little do I know.

I am thinking that you would be able to have those calls directed to you so that you could ask them what number they are dialing, look at the log right away and hopefully resolve problems faster. Or catch people who are calling 888-sex-lines.
:slight_smile:

I am fairly certain that this is not a current FreePBX option. I have entered virtually all options in a manual that I wrote, so I am able to search on text easily. But I can throw a few ideas and hope that a smart Developer takes interest. Seems like you would create an outbound route with xxxxxxxxxxx that covers all remaining possibilities besides the previously configured good routes, and then point to a Custom Trunk that calls you. Sure seems doable to me. Little do I know.

Hey Cliffster,

Quote :

That’s right :slight_smile:

I have setup the outbound route but I think my problem is with the Custom Trunk not to sure how to make it call a Queue or Extension. Even tried making it call a Misc Application/Misc Destination.

Regards,

Phil

create a custom trunk using “Local/{queuenumber}@from-internal as the dial string”

Hey bpps,

Thanks for that I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Phil

Hey bpps,

Thank you very much works like a treat :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Phil