Recovering from crash

Last Thursday my Synology on which my FreePBX runs in a virtual machine, had a crash of its volume. I’ve have spent the better part of 3 days recovering files and VMs and I’m now at a point I want to recover my VMs. So far most of them I have been able to import, but the FreePBX image must have suffered more than the other VMs because I’m getting the following errors on boot up:

Everytime I enter “exit”, it repeats the errors.

Anyway of fixing this and get it running so I don’t have to rollback an image of more than 6 months old?

Did you try to run a xfs_repair on your partition ?

I don’t know what that is. I have re-installed the Synology, recreated all volumes, so I’m working from scratch.

you need to run xfs_repair on the partition, but it must be unmounted, can you boot from a usb device?

Ok, found that, but what option do I need?

@dicko it’s a virtual machine inside a Synology box. Don’t think I have all the options of a physical server.

The same way you used an ISO file to install FreePBX, you should be able to boot Ubuntu or any other Linux OS, then you need to run xfs_repair on your partition (fdisk -l to see them)

What I’m trying to boot here is an image taken from my previous install, the one that crashed. I have exported 6 .vmdk (virtual machine disk?) files of which 4 so far boot fine (all Ubuntu 20.04 btw) and 1 (FreePBX) shows these errors. It does show this screen before what is seen on my first screenshot:

maybe one of the other kernels is uncorrupted,but you can import vmdk images into other vms to repairthem

I’m so sorry, I’m not a power user. This is the first time I had to cope with this. I have imported the vmdk image, created a new VM and booted it. This worked for all my Ubuntu VMs, but not for my FreePBX VM unfortunately.

I have no idea what just happened, but in my copying files I saw an image file with the same name as the one I had first created a new VM with, so with that file I created another VM which boots fine! Think I’m going crazy here!!

No let’s test and see if it also works properly.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.