Recommendation for Analouge card

Just after many years i am in the middle of upgraded my PBX, Got a old Digiumn TDA 400 card but need to upgrade the card due to the new motherboard only has PCI-E on it, looking for a 4 FXO card. Looked at Sangoma and Rihno but just wondering which people with experience and use a lot of preffer.

Sangoma is the Cadalic of the cards, then digium. I am not a big fan of Rhino.

The card could cost more than a new MB. I usually build my own systems out of hardware I purchase. So I have the right slots. Can you swap out the MB?

Could swap the MB but its a brand new supermicro one, as i thought i would renew everything, Old PBX has run with no problems for 9 years but calls have started to get quite and distorted was going to do a clean install but thought as its a important part of my business it deserved a treat. Only me rushing and forgeting my cards where PCI. Doh

Just looked at Sangoma A200 with 4 FXO £241.00, hardwear echo cancellation never had before on my Digiumn card does it make a difference ? as its another £186.00

Digium also just release a new line of cards:

Just looked at the Digium cards £446 Digium 1A4B03F 4 port modular analog PCI-Express x1 card with 4 FXO interfaces and HW Echo Can

Never had HE echo cancellation before, is this recommended?

Both the Sangoma Cards, and Digium Cards are now Certified with FreePBX... they are both also available for purchase in the FreePBX Marketplace which allows you to get great hardware, while at the same time supporting the continued development of FreePBX. 

For voice applications Hardware Based Echo Cancellation is a good recommendation.  

After looking at various card i decieded to stick with Digium (1A4B03F) but the PCI-E slot on the card looks differnt to the one on my motherboard, my new motherboard has a PCI-E 3.0 X16 (blue) slot and the Digium card PCI-E connector is only about an inch long.

Does the card not use all of the PCI-E slot and is there a way that i can check its the right one, as all the websites i have been on flg up a caution box when selecting the PCI-E version.

Rich, did you do a search to try to find this info? What are you searching for?

Digium has great pre-sales support. You might try calling them too.

Found it, i had a warning on one site that not all PCI-E slots where compatible. I thought they were and after checking found that i was right.

Care to share the site where you found that info?

Sites, with general info. Downloaded the Digium A4 manuals and it was also in there, should have looked there first!

http://www.geeks.com/techtips/2006/techtips-24sept06.htm

http://my.digium.com/en/docs/misc/pci_slot/

PCI slots

Today's PC motherboards feature a variety of PCI slot types. Here, for example, is a typical motherboard with varying types of slots:

PCI slots

The numbers correspond to the following slot types:

1: PCI-Express x8 slot
2: 32-bit 5.0 volt PCI slot
3: PCI-Express x4 slot
4: 32-bit 5.0 volt PCI slot
5: 64-bit 3.3 volt PCI slot
6: 64-bit 3.3 volt PCI slot

Slots 1 & 3

PCI-Express x8 and x4 respectively, are compatible with the following Digium telephony card products:

• TE420, TE220, TE121, AEX2400, AEX800, AEX410, TCE400, HB8, TE820

Slots 2 & 4

32-bit 5.0V PCI, are compatible with the following Digium telephony card products:

• TE405, TE407, TE205, TE207, TE120, TE122, B410, TDM2400, TDM800, TDM410, TC400, HA8

Slots 5 & 6

64-bit 3.3V PCI, are compatible with the following Digium telephony card products:

• TE410, TE412, TE210, TE212, TE120, TE122, B410, TDM2400, TDM800, TDM410, TC400, HA8

Howdy,

Note, that even at PCI-Express 1.0 spec in an x1 slot, the available bandwidth is still 250 megabytes/s. We build our cards with an x1 connector because the wider slots can accommodate narrower cards (you can put an x1 card in an x1, x4, x8 or x16 slot) and because the data that we’re moving, even on the TE820 (~20 megabits/s), which is the highest throughput-rate card we build, pales in comparison to the available bandwidth across the bus.

Cheers