Really slow reports and call monitor in FreePBX

Hello everyone. The FreePBX server at my office has always been very slow when accessing the reports tab or using the call monitor in the ARI. Everything else in the interface runs fine. If I get sick of waiting for a report to load and try to close the window or click another option, then it seems to lock up the whole interface and I can’t do anything with it until it clears up 20-30 minutes later. It takes about 15-20 minutes just to open the reports tab and then another 15-20 minutes to run a search. The Call monitor in the ARI acts similarly. It is slow to open and slow to run a search. I saw a thread where a user discovered he had a corrupted Asterisk log by getting an I/O error when running tail on it, but I ran tail on the log and it opened fine. Does anyone know what might be causing the slowness? I didn’t much use the FreePBX interface in the past, but I am now starting to utilize the reporting and search stuff. I am running FreePBX and Asterisk Thank you for any tips. Happy holidays.

Log into SSH, what is your average server load (found by entering “top”), also, what does “dmesg” output and “free -m”?

Thanks for the response wdroush. I probably won’t get to try this until Monday morning, but I will let you know what I get. Have a good weekend.

Thanks wdroush. I ran Top when not accessing reports and also while trying to open them.

Top showed this load average when not trying to do anything with the reports:
.04, .06, .08
While waiting for the reports screen to open, it showed:
2.13, 1.11, .69

This is my output from DMESG, which was run while not accessing any reports:

sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1b.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 169
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1b.0 to 64
floppy0: no floppy controllers found
work still pending
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
floppy0: no floppy controllers found
work still pending
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
lp0: console ready
ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
ACPI: Power Button (CM) [VBTN]
ACPI: Mapper loaded
dell-wmi: No known WMI GUID found
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun …
md: … autorun DONE.
device-mapper: multipath: version 1.0.6 loaded
EXT3 FS on dm-0, internal journal
kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Adding 2031608k swap on /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:2031608k
IA-32 Microcode Update Driver: v1.14a [email protected]
microcode: CPU1 updated from revision 0xa1 to 0xa4, date = 10022010
microcode: CPU0 updated from revision 0xa1 to 0xa4, date = 10022010
Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-871.
802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben Greear [email protected]
All bugs added by David S. Miller [email protected]
cxgb3i: tag itt 0x1fff, 13 bits, age 0xf, 4 bits.
iscsi: registered transport (cxgb3i)
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
Broadcom NetXtreme II CNIC Driver cnic v2.1.2 (May 26, 2010)
Broadcom NetXtreme II iSCSI Driver bnx2i v2.1.3 (Aug 10, 2010)
iscsi: registered transport (bnx2i)
iscsi: registered transport (tcp)
iscsi: registered transport (iser)
iscsi: registered transport (be2iscsi)
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
tg3: eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex.
tg3: eth0: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
dahdi: Version:
dahdi_transcode: Loaded.
INFO-xpp: revision Unknown MAX_XPDS=64 (8*8)
INFO-xpp: FEATURE: without BRISTUFF support
INFO-xpp: FEATURE: with sync_tick() from DAHDI
INFO-xpp_usb: revision Unknown
usbcore: registered new driver xpp_usb
dahdi: Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.10
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.8
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
dahdi: Detected time shift.
dahdi: Detected time shift.
dahdi: Detected time shift.
dahdi: Detected time shift.
dahdi: Detected time shift.
dahdi: Detected time shift.

I received many more time shift messages beyond what is shown here.
free -m showed me this, which was run while not trying any report stuff:

2015 total, 1962 used, 53 free, 0 shared, 9 buffers, 1697 cached
-/+ buffers/cache: 254 used 1761 free
Swap: 1983 total, 0 used 1983 free