Raspbx chan_mobile bluetooth connected but no audio routing from android to rapi

Here’s the set up: Raspberry Pi 4 connected via the inbuilt bluetooth module to an Android Mobile Phone, routing all the calls, back and forth.

So I digged almost everywhere on the internet and got this set up working for once and I used it for a few days and then one day, I just got a bit adventurous and formatted my SD Card and tried to redo the whole proccess thinking I knew how to get this working but no. I have been looking for solutions for more than a week now and I’m just really frustrated because I know it works, yet it doesn’t and there’s not proper coverage on this topic. (Hopefully this post covers).

So here’s where I’m at now. I have installed raspbx and pulseaudio and even ofono and then paired the phone to the RPI. After insalling ofono, I can see that my phone is giving me an option to revoke “Phone Calls” and “Contact Sharing” for this bluetooth connection. Which means, I think, my phone thinks that this is a telephony device and that’s great! I can even go ahead and dial any number that I want to, from a softphone, and it just calls to that number and I can even receive them on the softphone. So no problem with raspbx installation either. Only problem is, even though my phone recognizes the RPI as a telephony bluetooth device, it just wouldn’t route the call audio through.

I can make extension to extension calls and everything works perfectly well, except the bluetooth audio routing. Can someone help me out to fix this? I highly appreciate it if you’d help me out!

Update: I foound a fix. I don’t know what this comand actually does but it just works.

sudo hciconfig hci0 piscan

Would be realy cool if someone could explain what’s happening here.

Hope it helps someone else.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.