Random order Ring group

Hello, I am using “Stable-5.211.65-16 Release Date-08-25-14 FreePBX 2.11, Linux 6.5 Asterisk 1.8 or 11” within the web app, in Applications > Ring Groups I added all of my extensions but I am trying to get it so that when I receive calls from outside it will randomly assign a different extension (as long as it is available).

There is a drop down named Ring strategies that provides different methods, one of which is named Hunt that says, “Takes turns ringing each available extension” but when I apply that setting it still only rings the very first extension in my ring group ( just like the first available option did )

My question is how do I get my Ring Group to randomly assign different extensions to ring first and there after once extensions become unavailable.

Use the pop up help, perhaps choose “memoryhunt”

Yup, I read that one, it does 1st ext. (based on the order I list my ext.for ring group) then 1st, 2nd. then 1st, 2nd, 3rd… thought it was cool, but its not random

Yup, there is no “random” RG, you would have to custom program that yourself. There are a couple of random choices in “Queues”, use a queue instead of an RG and play them “agent ringing”