Quintum Tenor AX 24FXO ECHO

I have FreePBX13.0.192.8, Asterisk11.23.1, with a Quintum Tenor AX 24FXO, Phones
5- Sangoma 500, and Digium D40. Cisco SG300-28PP 28-Port Gigabit PoE. PBX running on VMware.

I built the whole system in our lab before delivery to the site, and either we did not notice the echo or it was not there. The only difference is the POTS lines which are actually both from ATT in our lab and on remote site. I have replicated the problem back to my lab via VPN to a Digium D40 phone from the remote site, and it has a VERY LOAD ECHO on the voip user side. When calling internal there is no ECHO. I have the Audio Codec set to G711Mu and A-law

Looking for suggestions on where to go look, I built an exact setup again here in my lab, with every thing the same except the Cisco switch and I only have digium phones in the lab, the remote site has Sangoma Phones, same Tenor for POTS, and I do not have an ECHO?

Your Gateway you are using is not providing proper echo cancellation. You need to work with them. The gateway has to handle the echo since it’s doing the conversion from analog to SIP only it can solve the echo.

Your subject line here is very misleading. Your echo has nothing to do with using Sangoma phones. As you have the same issue with Digium phones so please edit your subject to reflect that.

Echo is generated at the demarcation point between the PSTN (PRI or FXO) and SIP part of the call. If the VoIP user is hearing echo, it’s because the Quintum Tenor AX 24FXO is not doing echo cancellation correctly. You may need to reach out to them for help if you can’t figure it out. Sorry!

Thank You for the response, I did find the issue, it is in fact in the Quintum. For my setup, I found it on the PSTN line side under signaling analog specific. The option to set the Rx and Tx Gain, by selecting a lower gain, even to the neg will change the volume, and remove the feedback.

NOTE: I totally realized from the start that it could not be the Sangoma Phones, but I also saw the exact same problem in another category that was asked in January with no responses from anyone. So to me it made more sense to post in the Sangoma Phones section hoping for a quick response, which I was correct, I got a response, and a Butt Chewing, but maybe now someone else with Sangoma Phones using FreePBX and a PSTN Device or Card, that has this issue will be pointed to what the issue is instead of a long drawn out reason for posting in the wrong category, for what, just to prove Sangoma Phone cant ever have these issues, good lord what is the world coming to. TonyClewis you need to learn how to respond to people a little more diplomatically. Just because the issue is with another device outside of FreePBX and Sangoma, should not mean the knowledge should not be here. If that is case then make FreePBX and Sangoma Propitiatory, and get out of the game.

My issue was with your subject line sir. Your subject was misleading saying echo problem with Sangoma Phones. It will confuse users who come across this and think their is a echo problem on our phones.

Wording as you just stated is very important and your wording was misleading.

Also I feel I was very diplomatic. I asked you to change your subject as it was misleading and had nothing to do with Sangoma Phones. You also had it tagged under Sangoma Phones as the category.

I think we could argue all day LoL, I think we both have valid points. Thanks Again for the response and I will do better in the future stating subjects. Have an awesome day!!!