Queues with external phone numbers not honoring agent timeout

Hi there.

I’m trying to set up a queue which will call to a few external (usually mobile) numbers.

The expected behaviour is if the call is not answered within the predefined agent timeout, the queue will give up on that number and try the next one.

I don’t think I’m getting this to work. I’ve also tried with ring groups, same results.

It looks like the system is honoring the trunk dial timeout. I’ve even lowered this number to see what happens and noticed the system will hang up on the caller without trying the following numbers as expected once the dial timeout is reached.

Is there a proper way to accomplish this?

SNG Distro @ FreePBX 15.0.23 + Asterisk 16.20.0

Thank you!

Look at a verbose trace of the dialplan. Is there a call to Answer, or some other indication that the call is answered before it really is?

Hi David.

I don’t see that happening. Anyway, this is a capture of the moment the first and only call times out at 30 seconds (that’s the trunk value, not the agent timeout setting, which was purposedly set to 10 seconds)

You can even notice how the system then hangs up, even when there’s a second number to try after that one.

Thanks!

That eliminates the possibility that the remote network answered prematurely, but doesn’t show the bit further up where the local channel might have answered.

What I’m wondering is if the queue application thinks the agent has answered, and that is why it has stopped timing the call.

1 Like

The moment I pasted the relevant sections of the log for you to consider, I noticed there was an AGI performing sort of an answer().

My bad, it’s working now!

Thank you so much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.