Queues is getting me fired!

Greetings, I am a technical advisor in a small comapny … they wanted to test drive the new VoIP technology. and as an asterisk user for the last three years… i thought it would be good to start with freepbx.
i set up a new box using TrixBox 2.6 with Asterisk (Ver. 1.4.18) and freePBX 2.4 and tested it… the performance is good except for some system halts on different unknown occassions for unknown reasons… but that is not the problem
the problem is that my agents are not so smart and can’t accept any new technical instructions and the management department want the agents to be in queues… so the only opetion i got is using the STATIC AGENTS in the queues …
an agent goes on a break … they turn off their device and walk out without even looking back , and when a call comes in… all agents ring and unreachable agents “the ones not on their desks” are to be rang and this causes a lagg in the Flash pannel and it causes unavailable agents to look as if they are online but not answering…
Management department needs their system to work as they want… and i’m accused of not doing my job…
HELP!

Presumably if the agents where clever enough to log off before leaving their desks that would solve your problem? The siemens systems I sell can log an agent off automatically is they miss a call.