queues_custom.conf overides entire Q config

It seems when I put in a custom config for my Queue, all the configs for that Queue are reverting to defaults. As if I’ve recreated a new queue overwriting the existing on in queues_additional.conf. I verified this by the following.

Nothing in queues_custom.conf :

1000 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'linear' strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 60s Members: 202 (Local/202@from-queue/n) with penalty 1 (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet 200 (Local/200@from-queue/n) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet 201 (Local/201@from-queue/n) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet No Callers

And now with this in custom:
[1000]
autopause=yes

queue show now returns:

1000 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s Members: 202 (Local/202@from-queue/n) with penalty 1 (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet No Callers

The ring strategy has changed from linear to ringall, and the 2 static members have been removed!
I tried using the tag of [1000-custom] following other examples, but all that did was create a 2nd queue with that title.

Am I using the wrong file or doing something incorrect? The autopause option is missing from the FreePBX queue GUI, maybe some consideration should be put into adding that now that pausing is supported in the latest asterisk? In the meantime how do I turn on autopause without rewriting over the Qs?

PS. I’ve tried “queues_post_custom.conf” as well, but this had no effect on the queue. Also putting “queues_custom_general.conf” did the same as the original issue, resetting Q to defaults.

Did you ever resolve this?

Yes, I found when you define something in queues_custom, the entries are not additive from the Q definition in the regular Q file, so some things are reset back to whatever Q defaults are. Autopause also really didn’t work for me, a Q member gets paused for missing a call and NEVER is unpaused without operator intervention. Not practical for an auto-dismantler yard where the front counter people answer the phones as well as assist with walk-in traffic and sometimes go out into the yard to check on availability of an item. Instead I ended up making code changes to apps/app_queue.c to pause and then auto-unpause member after 20 secs. So rollover to other higher weighted Q members works as customer likes.