Queue Timeout Vs Extension Ring Time

Hello,

This is about my 25th deployment and have never came across this issue. The only difference is this deployment used a dahdi card for analog lines from Comcast. All my other deployment use a SIP trunk.

The Issue: when a call comes in, I have it sent to a holiday time condition then a business hour time condition. Then it hits a queue that rings all 15 phones in the business. No matter how long I set the ‘Agent Timeout’ in the queue it always follows the ‘Ringtime Default’ found in Advanced Settings. I know the ringtime default is meant for how long calls ring each extension, but shouldn’t the queue calls follow the timeout I sent in the queue? Again, the only difference is this particular deployment uses an analog card not a SIP trunk. Related?

Thanks!

Are you saying that on a PBX without analog lines the timer taking priority is the one in the queue while the one with the analog lines is respecting the timer in the extension settings? Unless Comcast has an issue with ringing for some amount of time without an answer I suspect there’s some other setting you’re missing.

Bob, that is correct. I don’t see how analog vs sip trunk would make a difference but that is the only difference I can find. I’ve looked at my other deployments and matched the queue settings line for line. All with no avail.

I can’t think how the trunk channel type would matter for something like this, unless you’re not actually answering the channel before it gets answered by the queue agent. But that would require you to have enabled “Queue No Answer” in the queue config, which is not a default setting.

Lorne, I would agree. I just checked the “Queue No Answer” option and it is disabled. So far the customer is fine the way I have it set with upping the ringtime default. I plan to leave it this way but am puzzled as to how it is this way.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.