Queue Agent Timeout Restart

Hi,

Could someone please explain to me exactly what the Agent Timeout Restart Yes/No setting does in a queue. I’ve searched all over the web for a deeper explanation than the included “If timeoutrestart is set to yes, then the time out for an agent to answer is reset if a BUSY or CONGESTION is received. This can be useful if agents are able to cancel a call with reject or similar.”
I’ve messed around with the setting and just don’t see any difference with it on or off.

Thank you!

What did you try, and saw no difference? I’m not sure which part you don’t understand.

I tested rejecting calls with the setting on and off and didn’t see any difference in queue timing or anything else.

Can you post a screenshot of that page?

This will be useful if you are using ring strategy other than ringall. For example you have 2 extensions in the queue and Agent time out set to some 30 seconds

Agent Timeout Restart to: No.

When there is a call to the queue and agent 1 disconnected the call after 20 seconds , It will ring agent 2 for remaining timeout seconds ( 30-20 =10 seconds )and if agent 2 not answering the call in the given time it will redial the agent 1 and so on.

Agent Timeout Restart to Yes

When there is a call to the queue and agent 1 disconnected the call after 20 seconds , It will reset the agent time out seconds and agent 2 will ring for 30 seconds and if agent 2 not answering the call in the given time it will redial the agent 1 and so on.

Regards
Philip Joseph

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.