Process Running Away

I was wondering if anyone knows what the following process is that was running away on our phone server last week?

asterisk 18670 18539 99 2019 ? 406-15:42:42 /usr/lib/jvm/jre-openjdk//bin/java -Xms256m -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=30 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=50 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -classpath /opt/xactview3/server/modules/desktop/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/chat/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/xmpp/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/contact/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/lang-en-us/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/asterisk/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/pbx/shared/:/opt/xactview3/server/modules/framework/shared/::./lib/*:XactViewServer.jar com.xmlnamespace.panel.server.Server

According to top, it was using over 300% of the CPU time. I killed it (had to -9 as it wouldn’t die otherwise) and the problems we were having with call quality/drops/etc immediately disappeared. Haven’t noticed any adverse effects and it hasn’t recurred, so I’m not TOO worried about it, but would be nice to know what it was & what it was doing.

Looks like XactView so killing the process would directly interfere with asterisk and the processing of calls.

Thank you for your response @Fraser… do you know what XactView actually does? I’ve gotten 0 complaints about the phones since killing it. I just checked & it wasn’t restarted. Given that this thread was moved to the ‘commercial modules’ section almost immediately after I opened it, maybe it’s one of the plethora of modules that came with the system we don’t use???

Maybe someone else can advice better as I’m not entirely sure but I think it’s part of the UCP

EDIT: Have a look here:
XactView and iSymphony

Any other input on this issue from anyone? Hasn’t recurred, so I guess it’s not a big deal, but still concerning given that I did nothing to actually fix whatever caused the problem…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.