Problems with Firewall after restore from FreePBX 13 to 16

I did a restore from 13 to 16 after the server running 13 was having terrible errors. Everything seemed to restore fine, but I am having issues with the firewall since then. It acts like firewall loads and lets you put configurations in the gui, but it doesn’t actually seem to be working, therefore we are getting constant Fail2Ban hits. If you go to the firewall status page, the error it shows is “Firewall is not running! File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17”. Also, I went in the asterisk logfiles to the firewall.err and I’m seeing stuff like this:
3077 Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
3078 ip6tables v1.4.21: can’t initialize ip6tables table filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) 3079 Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. 3080 iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table filter’: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
3081 Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
3082 iptables v1.4.21: can’t initialize iptables table filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) 3083 Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. 3084 iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table filter’: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
3085 Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
3086 ip6tables v1.4.21: can’t initialize ip6tables table `filter’: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)

Any help would be so appreciated!