Problems setting up sip extensions

I am new to freepbx. I have attempted to install freepbx 2.7 on a centos 5.4 i386 and 64bit with asterisk 1.6.1.14 and 1.6.2.6.

After going and installing asterisk and freepbx, I can add 2 sip extensions, they appear to add and both phone register, but when I attempt to call from one phone to another phone, the system gives me a busy signal.

Can someone please assist me with this issue? If I look at the extension_additional.conf, I can see the extensions are added.

When I do a dialplan show, the context that the extensions are stored in does not show up. The only contexts that show up are the aei contexts.

Looking at asterisk cli, it appears that the sip configuration gets added to asterisk, but the extension information is not added.

Thanks

Eric

make sure that apache is running as asterisk (unless you want to go through a lot of setup pain).

Then run amportal stop, amportal start

that will get all the permissions fixed back up, then press the apply configuration changes orange button so everything gets set back up properly.

I looked at apache and it is using asterisk as it’s user.

Here is my directory of /etc/asterisk:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 2462 Mar 25 07:00 extconfig.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 46201 Mar 25 10:50 extensions_additional.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 12243 Mar 25 07:00 extensions.ael
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 52 Mar 25 07:47 extensions.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/extensions.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 29008 Mar 25 07:00 extensions.conf.0
-rw-r–r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 0 Mar 25 07:47 extensions_custom.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 2671 Mar 25 07:05 extensions_custom.conf.sample
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 5408 Mar 25 07:00 extensions.lua
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 7481 Mar 25 07:00 extensions_minivm.conf
-rw-r–r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 0 Mar 25 07:47 extensions_override_freepbx.conf

Is this how it is suppose to look?

Also, it appears that ext-did context is not used in extensions.conf or reference any where else.

Thanks

Eric

I finally got the contexts to show up. My problem was users.conf file was in the /etc/asterisk directory. As soon as I renamed it to users.conf.orig and then restarted asterisk, all of the dialplans showed up.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks

Eric