Problem with Follow Me between two FreePBX servers

We have two FreePBX servers in different locations and everything seems to work except one feature.
Assume we have extensions 401 and 402 on server1 and extension 701 and 702 on server2. I want to use Find Me/Follow Me feature on extension 701 and put in Follow-Me list number 401#
Then I make a call from extension 402 on server1 to number 701. I expect that my call would be transferred to number 401, but it does not. Nevertheless when I call 701 from extension 702 on server2, the call is successfully transferred.

I can provide additional information (logs, configs etc.) or answer any questions. Any help is appriciated, thank you very much for replies.

By the way, how can I show you my log? When I try to insert here some lines from server’s log file, I get the message ‘New users not allowed add links to the message’.

On server2, try changing the context for the intracompany trunk to from-internal. If you already have that or it doesn’t help, post details of trunk configurations.

Also, please answer: If you call ext. 701 from outside (via IVR or direct routing of a DID, does that work correctly)? When you call from 402 to 701, what happens (keeps ringing 701, call fails with busy signal, etc.)?

To post some log or other text inline, put ``` on a line by itself before the text and also after the text. But if it’s more than about 25 lines, paste it at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here. The link looks something like
http://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/fa3c7524
If the forum won’t allow to to post it, remove the http:// and change the . before org to %2E, so it looks like
pastebin.freepbx%2Eorg/view/fa3c7524
on a line by itself. The reader can easily open this by triple-clicking to select it, then right-clicking and choosing “Go to …”

Thank you for reply! I am ready to share some information about my issue.

1. context is already set to from-internal (on both servers). Here are my current trunk configurations.
    server1 (trunk to server2):

host=192.168.88.240
type=friend
qualify=yes
videosupport=no
insecure=invite
context=from-internal
nat=no
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

server2 (trunk to server1):

videosupport=no
type=friend
qualify=yes
nat=no
insecure=invite
host=192.168.7.102
context=from-internal
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

The last two rows (on both servers) were added when I tried to solve this problem on my own. Originally they were absent.

1. If I call ext. 701 from outside, it works correctly (follow me option causes ext.401 to call after 10 seconds as set in Initial Ring Time option)
    But when I call from 402 to 701, first 10 seconds I hear normal call signal (and phone 701 is ringing) but then call fails with busy signal (and phone 701 stops ringing). And ext.401 never rings in that case.

Here the link to my server2 log file (lines where follow me number is calling)
pastebin.freepbx%2Eorg/view/3906c706

I suppose it happens because server1 refuse to authenticate on INVITE call from number 402 as it already has extension with this number. (It is just my wild guess) But I don’t know how to change such behavior.

Try adding the following to peer details on both systems for your peer trunk:

fromuser=peer

I think your issue is that an inbound INVITE (call) arriving at a PBX that has a From: header that matches a local extension number will be treated as a call from a phone, not as call over the trunk, and will be challenged for a sip secret as if it’s an extension. Altering the fromuser should fix that, but in the process you will lose CallerID so you then need trusrpid and sendrpid for Caller ID to work again.

edit - To clarify, the fromuser setting is arbitrary, we could use fromuser=putin or any other string that doesn’t match a local extension.

1 Like

As @lgaetz says. You already have sendrpid and trustrpid, so just setting fromuser=peer should fix it.

1 Like

Yes! It works! Setting fromuser=peer fixed the problem.
Guys, you are the best! Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.