Problem with directory module, short names, and duplicate names

FreePBX 2.10.1.9, Directory module 2.10.0.11

We’re currently using the directory module as a dial-by-name option off of our main menu. We have a few people in our company with the same first or last names. When a caller tries to reach these people using the directory, they can’t reach them. The module allows the configured number of invalid retries, then sends them to the invalid destination.

Here’s the scenario:
Imagine users Jon Smith, Jon Doe, and Jane Doe.

A caller wanting to reach Jon Smith dials 5-6-6. The directory tells the caller there are 2 matches, and they should continue dialing the name. The caller dials 7, and the directory tells them this is an invalid entry.

Another caller wanting to reach Jane Doe dials 3-6-3. The directory again says there are 2 matches. They dial 5, and the directory tells them this is an invalid entry.

I’m not sure if this is a bug in the module, or if I’m doing something wrong with my setup. Ideally, I would expect the caller to be able to continue dialing digits on the second name of the user after the first attempted name is maxed out and still results in more than one match.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!