Problem installing freepbx15-latest over old install

Hi. I am trying to install freepbx-15 latest over an old install originally under DEbian 9, which I copied to another computer and upgraded the computer to Debian buster. Here is what I get when I start install in the freepbx directory, after answering all the questions:

Checking if SELinux is enabled…Its not (good)!
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…Done
Checking if Asterisk is running and we can talk to it as the ‘asterisk’ user…Yes. Determined Asterisk version to be: 16.5.1
Checking if NodeJS is installed and we can get a version from it…Yes. Determined NodeJS version to be: 10.15.2
Preliminary checks done. Starting FreePBX Installation
Checking if this is a new install…Partial
Database installation checking credentials and permissions…Connected!
Initializing FreePBX Settings
PHP Notice: Undefined property: FreePBX::$Config in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Cache.class.php on line 233
PHP Notice: Undefined property: FreePBX::$Config in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php on line 82
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_conf_setting() on null in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php:82
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php(27): FreePBX\Hooks->updateBMOHooks()
#1 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php(254): FreePBX\Hooks->getAllHooks()
#2 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php(349): FreePBX\Hooks->returnHooks(2)
#3 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Config.class.php(1118): FreePBX\Hooks->processHooks(‘AST_FUNC_EXTENS…’)
#4 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Config.class.php(835): FreePBX\Config->removeSetting(‘AST_FUNC_EXTENS…’)
#5 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Config.class.php(263): FreePBX\Config->remove_conf_settings(Array)
#6 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(124): FreePBX\Config->__construct(Object(FreePBX))

How can I get around this so I can continue this install?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

So, I’m not exactly sure what is going on here, but from the log messages I’m taking a guess that this was running FreePBX 13 previously? There were a lot of changes from 13 to 14 and I’m not exactly sure what happened here.

I was using freepbx-15 latest to try to do this. A new install, where I erased the database did not work either, although it was not the same error, this is why I was trying to use my old install. How can I proceed with installing freepbx-15 on Debian buster, using either my old install, or starting from no database amportal.conf and freepbx.conf?

Are you asking how to install from scratch on Buster? I have that working although there is currently a problem with the signature system (I also see it on CE8) which they are promising to sort out soon. But the answer is yes, you can install Fpbx 15 on Debian Buster. I actually prefer Debian to CentOS now.

Someone posted an install procedure here which looked about right although I use my own. The thread is fairly recent here on this forum somewhere.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FDT/How+to+Install+FreePBX+15+on+Debian+10+with+Asterisk+16%2C+PHP+7.3

Thanks all, this will help with one of my installs, but I still need to install freepbx15 over an old install, originally on Debian 9 and a different version of php. See my original post for the output I get when doing this. Do you have any ideas on how to proceed with this?

So, I think there is something wrong with the instructions in the thread. I followed the document, except that I have compiled asterisk from source. If I start asterisk, no one is listening on port 5038 and I know that the install of freepbx will fail right away, that is one of the first things it checks. The only files in /etc/asterisk are the asterisk.conf, an empty modules.conf and an empty cdr.conf. How should I proceed on this one?

So, we have two installs, neither of which works-- for different causes.

The instructions work fine if you follow them without exceptions. :slight_smile:

If you go off the path you need to adjust accordingly.

I believe the freepbx installer creates a manager.conf early in the install process that allows it to connect to the AMI, and then of course creates the rest of the config as well. Try and see how far you get.

OK, so my new install of freepbx on Debian buster was successful. I still have the problem of installing freepbx15 over my old install. (see my original post for the output I get when trying to do this). Is there any way to fix?

Thanks a lot for all your help so far on this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.