Problem adding a recording

Hi. I am trying to add a system recording to freepbx – I have version15.0.16.38 and this is a pretty new install under Debian 10.

When I try to add a system recording the system complains that sound language is not set and when I go to sound languages I get the following error:
Unable to get online sound packages. Error was: [2] Use of undefined constant CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER - assumed ‘CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)

I have asterisk and it does have sound files, so I am a bit confused as to what to do here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

bump?

Haven’t run into this issue myself. Sangoma might be able to help, but might not, since you are not running the official distro. If you have the recording already, have you tried dropping it off in the custom file recordings folder and see if it works?

1 Like

I am sure that would work, if it were just the dial plan, but the system won’t know about the recording, and so I could not select it as an announcement or use it for an auto attendant or something like that.

OK, so after some googling I discovered that the php-curl module was not installed, the original install of freepbx did not do it, which it should have done, but I put this here in case someone else runs into this one.

Looks like you’re running a self install, not a distro. The onus is on the one doing the install to ensure dependencies are included. If whomever did the install followed a recipe that lacks a step, notify the author of that resource.

1 Like

The source of the install is the freepbx wiki and it told me to start from a clean install of Debian. Who would I notify for that?

You could be more explicit, there are several recipes for Debian but you need to follow the one that matches your

cat /etc/debian_version

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.