PRI issues, No incoming calls

We are having an ongoing issue with our PRI where we are losing the ability to receive incoming calls. The issue happens when one or more channels on the pri seem to get locked. The channel call level will be in an IDLE state with no active call but the “Channel Idle” indicator will say “NO” as though it is not actually idle. Performing a “dahdi destroy channel” and then “dahdi create channel” on the affected channels clears the issue and inbound calls resume. We have tried all types of restarts of services and the whole system with no success. The issue is also completely random as to when it happens. Has anyone else ever seen this behavior before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would from the asterisk cli

pri set debug intense span (whatever)

watch any failed d-channel requests from the caller, (the d-channel is responsible for call build-up and tear-down)

maybe you have to check the route from service provider, the number you called is not routed to your trunk. you also need showing log .

There is no possible question as to what the route is, we are speaking about TDMA over the PSTN.

you also check the status of RAI is off if sangoma card installed.

particularly

(RAI — Remote Alarm Indication)

Your T1/E1 port will go into yellow alarm when it receives a signal from the remote switch that the port on that remote switch is in red alarm. This essentially means that the remote switch is not able to
maintain sync with you, or is not receiving your transmission.

Yellow alarms show a mis-configuration indicate a failure of framing , coding or plain DS1 network failure, all these would be indicated in the PRI intense debug . . .

There is no guessing allowed here, the OP needs to identify and correct any problem

we have to get the exact logs or error. if no such thing, I only guess.

So perhaps my original post was indeed pertinent ?

I would from the asterisk cli

pri set debug intense span (whatever)

watch any failed d-channel requests from the caller, (the d-channel is responsible for call build-up and tear-down)

Thank you all for your replies and help. We will run the debug today and see if it returns any useful information. I’ll report back when we have results.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.