Polycom FTP provisioning

Thought I’d post what I had to do in order to get FTP provisioning working rather than TFTP as Polycom use FTP by default.

This guide presumes you have everything working with TFTP already.

First lefts configure FTP in freepbx, the freepbx distro has this installed if you need it it install it via ‘yum install vsftpd’, now ensure your config looks like mine ‘vi /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf’

anonymous_enable=no local_enable=YES write_enable=no local_umask=0777 file_open_mode=0777 xferlog_enable=YES connect_from_port_20=YES xferlog_file=/var/log/xferlog xferlog_std_format=YES async_abor_enable=YES listen=YES pam_service_name=vsftpd tcp_wrappers=YES max_clients=20 max_per_ip=5 userlist_deny=no local_root=/tftpboot #anon_root=/tftpboot write_enable=YES

OK, now we can start VSFTPD, ‘service vsftpd start’ to have this start at boot enter ‘chkconfig vsftpd on’

We now need to add our polycom user by default the polycoms try and login with the username and password PlcmSpIp

useradd PlcmSpIp passwd PlcmSpIp usermod -a -G asterisk PlcmSpIp

You may want to disable SSH for this user!

vi /etc/passwd change from bin/bash to bin/false PlcmSpIp:x:501:501::/home/PlcmSpIp:/bin/fale

Job done!

Or for those that dont want to deal with config files and such Sysadmin Pro lets you setup your FTP username and password right in the GUI.