Polycom 501 & 601 Paging

I have a client that has a LOT of Polycom IP501 and IP601 phones. There are workhorses and still sound awsome. The problem is when the user tries to do a *80xxx nothing seems to work to the Polycom phones. The *80xxx works just fine on the same switch to the Aastra phones.

If there something I need to do with the Polycom’s to make them work for paging?

update the database …
( backup the system first )
then from the linux CLI …

[root@pbx ~]# mysql

mysql> use asterisk;
mysql> update paging_autoanswer SET setting = ‘Alert-Info: Ring Answer’ where useragent = ‘Polycom’;

may not be necessary but do an amportal restart and then test - it should be fine

Hi there, did that. Both making setting equal to ‘Alert-Info: Ring Answer’ and setting equal to ‘Ring Answer’ and var = ‘ALERTINFO’

I am assuming you do not need the ’ to be included. All that happens is I dial *80213 rings once then I get a busy signal.

Am I missing something?

How did you configure the Polycom phones?

In order to receive intercom calls, you have to include certain parameters in the configuration that tell the Polcyom phones to go off hook when they receive an intercom call.

See this page for details:

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SP/Polycom

Pay attention to these parameters:

<voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.18.class=“autoAnswer”
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.18.value=“Auto Answer”

</voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo>
<se.rt.ringAutoAnswer
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.callWait=“callWaiting”
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.micMute=“0”
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.name=“Ring Answer”
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer=“ringer2”
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout=“500”
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.type=“ring-answer”

</se.rt.ringAutoAnswer>
<se.rt.autoAnswer
se.rt.autoAnswer.callWait=“ringer2”
se.rt.autoAnswer.micMute=“0”
se.rt.autoAnswer.name=“Auto Answer”
se.rt.autoAnswer.ringer=“ringer2”
se.rt.autoAnswer.timeout=“2000”
se.rt.autoAnswer.type=“answer”

</se.rt.autoAnswer>

should have been copy and paste - not removing anything

I went to the page:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SP/Polycom
The stuff there does not resemble the screens I see on my PolyCom 601 at all. I tried putting in the stuff as close as I could.

I am still looking for where all the se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.callWait…
stuff is located.

Sigh, this should not be this hard :smile:

I can not see where to paste the se.rt stuff. I updated my sip_318 file to include the second set of alertInfo stuff. Or should it all be in one alertInfor … /
outboundProxy voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.port=“5060” voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.transport=“DNSnaptr”/>
alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value=“Auto Answer” voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class=“3”/>
alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.18.value=“Auto Answer” voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.18.class=“autoAnswer”/>
requestValidation voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="" voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="" voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request.1.event="">

Thanks in advance,