Please help for newby

I’m being messing with FreePbx for a few months. Still new. I thinking in deploy a Telephony services in my small town to provide Long distance calls to my clients. Clients (most with internet access)around here spend a lot of money on phone cards and I would like to provide a fixed DID of their  country, in that way they can make and receive unlimited calls. Can someone help me to figure it out what I really need to achieve this project?

I will provide the clients with Ip phone/ATA  devices and since they have broadband Internet access just need to setup phones to gain access to my PBX server.

Please Help.

Thanks in Advance

Hello-

Mu favorite topic. Why not to do this and why nobody will help you.

1 - Have you reviewed the regulatory climate for the Country you are doing business in. In US you have to comply with FCC, CALEA and State Regulations. At a minimum Pro Forma registration and other “opt in” type agreements.

2 - FreePBX is not a carrier soft switch. It does not have a Registration Gateway, Charging Gateway, any type of clustering or scalability, security, provisioning, billing etc. Support.

3 - Have you really run the business plan. By the time you buy the servers and high quality connections (at least T1/E1 from two different carriers), firewalls, routers etc. It’s not an easy way to make money

4 - Staffing - This is the real expense. Customers expect excellent service on their phones

5 - Interconnect agreements. Most SIP carriers do not allow you to resell. Have you spoken with your downstream carriers about your plans.

6 - CALEA. What are your plans the first time your are handed a wire tap order? If you can’t comply fines run around 10,000 day + jail time

7 - 911. Have you review the costs?

8 - Directory Listing - Reviewed the costs

9 - Taxes, USF fees etc.

This is just the beginning. It’s a big deal to be a phone company.

BTW, I am the CTO of a regional ITSP/ISP that has been in continuous business under the same ownership since 1984 so I have some practical experience in this area.

For all the reasons I listed you can’t do that.

Even if you gave the service away you would still be responsible for some of the items I listed. You also need to have a very solid connection for reliable service.

The minute you collect a dime for connect a phone call you are subject to all the rules.

Is that complicated? Waao but I just gonna install ip phones, give them access to the pbx server and assing DID numbers to every phone so people can make calls.