PJSIP trunks not registering with provider - unknown option "line"

I am using Freepbx 14.0.1.31 and asterisk 12.8.2

I have create two PJSIP trunks in Freepbx. I can see the using the asterisk cli I can see endpoints being created for both of them but neither of them are registering with the provider. Entering into the asterisk CLI.

pjship show registrations
No objects found.

The pjsip.registration.conf file contains apparently correct entries (here’s one trunk)

[Faktortel-XXXX]
type=registration
transport=0.0.0.0-udp
outbound_auth=Faktortel-XXXX
retry_interval=60
max_retries=10
expiration=3600
line=yes
endpoint=Faktortel-XXXX
auth_rejection_permanent=yes
server_uri=sip:sip.faktortel.com.au:5060
client_uri=sip:[email protected]:5060

When the config is loading, I can see these ERROR messages

NOTICE[52636]: sorcery.c:1182 sorcery_wizard_load: Type ‘transport’ is not reloadable, maintaining previous values
NOTICE[52636]: sorcery.c:1182 sorcery_wizard_load: Type ‘system’ is not reloadable, maintaining previous values

(There is no sorcery.conf in /etc/asterisk)

and then later

[2018-03-28 10:05:49] ERROR[54750]: config_options.c:703 aco_process_var: Could not find option suitable for category ‘Faktortel-XXXX’ named ‘line’ at line 18 of /etc/asterisk/pjsip.registration.conf
[2018-03-28 10:05:49] ERROR[54750]: res_sorcery_config.c:277 sorcery_config_internal_load: Could not create an object of type ‘registration’ with id ‘Faktortel-XXXX’ from configuration file ‘pjsip.conf’

I don’t know why these ERRORs are happening, and I suspect they’re what are stopping the registration. As far as I can see the configuration is correct, so why is it saying it doesn’t understand the ‘line’ option?

What can I do to correct this?

Thanks

Nick

@nickpiggott, some weeks ago I did set up pjsip trunks to Faktortel and got it to register without any issues. However, because with pjsip I had issues with anonymous call blocking I reconfigured all my trunks as chan_sip - so unfortunately cannot tell you the exact config I used. As I recall all I had to do was to set the authentication name and the password in pjsip settings and leave everything else with default values. I remember when I tried to manually enter server_uri and client_uri the registration failed. I would delete existing config and re-create a new trunk with the bare minimum and see how it goes.

Also, the Faktortel Support was excellent in identifying some issues I had - my account was created long time ago and I have no access to their new systems unless I upgrade to a business plan and I was told that the new systems provide full support for pjsip trunks. Give them a go.

The line parameter is relatively new to pjsip, and it is almost certainly not supported in your version of Asterisk. As 12 is End of Life, I recommend you upgrade to 13 or 15. If you’re on the distro:

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Changing+Major+Asterisk+Versions+on+the+Fly

Since which Asterisk 13 release is the line parameter supported?

Not sure. Blog dates from early 2016 if that helps.

http://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/01/27/the-pjsip-outbound-registration-line-option/

Updating to Asterisk 13.20.0 fixed the problem with the line and enpoint parameters.

Also of note for future readers. sip.faktortel.com.au is incorrect - it should be sip.faktortel.net.au

Thanks for you help.

How did you get the line=yes parameter into pjsip.registration.conf in the first place?
I don’t see that it gets added as default.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.