PJSIP Trunk with 2 inbound numbers

Good afternoon,

PBX Version:16.0.39
PBX Distro:12.7.8-2302-1.sng7
Asterisk Version:16.24.1

Good afternoon,

I have a PJSIP trunk assigned to my PBX all working ok but i have a second number associated with it that rings the same as the head number does despite the fact that i have created an Inbound route with its correct DID pointing to another destination.

head number: 2xxxx2xxx2
2nd number: 2xxxx2xxx5

Can you please help me or point me in the right direction on what to do?

In someone elses pabx, different vendor than freepbx he solved his issue by enabling passthrough pai header and point did mode to header. After that his inbound route would work.

Thanks in advance

A search for SIP MSN results in links to financial investment sites. Please expand the abbreviation.

Good afternoon david,

Is this ok? Sorry fairly new to this forum.

How is the provider signalling the DID used to you? The default is to look for this in the request URI, but, if you are registering, you will tell the provider the value to use for that. I think we need both the contents of the INVITE and your registration related settings.

PAI is used for a caller ID on incoming numbers, not for called ID.

Try changing Context of your trunk to
from-pstn-toheader
Call into both numbers and see what shows up in the DID field of the CDRs. If they are different, you can set up your Inbound Routes accordingly.

If the above doesn’t work, at the Asterisk command prompt, type
pjsip set logger on
call in and look at the incoming INVITE. If the called number appears in some header, you can write a bit of dialplan similar to from-pstn-toheader to extract the number from the correct header.

Thank you Stewart and David for your replies.

Stewarts answer solved the problem for me.

Thank you very much once again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.