PJSIP DTMF digit suppression?

Hi,

We have a customer who upgrade from FreePBX 12 to FreePBX 14, one of the changes was switching from chan_sip to chan_pjsip - I already noticed a few things that irritated the customer that I found to be “normal” such as the CID of the caller (extension number) being presented on outbound calls, and send rpid setting causing an LDAP directory lookup issue on Yealink hardware. The weird thing is that using PIN dialling on Yealink hardware, you don’t see any digits dialled at all. On chan_sip you would briefly see the digits dialled before they disappear, I am just wondering if PJSIP does some magic under the hood that would hide the digits dialled, I didn’t see any obvious settings under extensions, general settings or sip settings that looked like it would govern this behaviour.

Regards,
Karl

From an Asterisk perspective, nope.

Well that’s unfortunate. Thank you for confirming.

Hi,

I accidentally found a fix to this issue this afternoon, It turns out that all I needed was to add an Answer() and Wait(1) to the pinset macro, I had already overridden it because the customer wanted it to say play the “auth-thankyou” message if the PIN was correct. I was chasing another issue were the DTMF digits were not recognised by Asterisk, implemented the above and it also fixed the DTMF digit “suppression” issue as well.

Regards,
Karl

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.