PJSIP - 3 Phones Cisco SPA 508

I have a customer that has 3 Cisco Spa508G

Instead of creating 3 extensions, then a ring group to ring all 3 extensions, I simply created 1 extension and used PJSIP and they all worked great for 2 weeks.

Then I started having registration issues.

All the lights went orange today - I showed MAX CLIENTS at 5 - they have 3 phones, so I think I am good there. Just to be on the safe side I raised it to 10, rebooted the vps, and all went greent.

I do see many people on this forum saying pjsip is buggy and not to use it

Opinions and ideas appreciated.

UPDATE: All 3 extensions have stayed registered since my post, so the problem has not been duplicated
For those wondering why I chose pjsip over chansip, simply this. I think it is cleaner to put 1 extension on 3 devices and have no ring group rather than have 3 extensions and a ring group. Also, if a user wants to have a cordless phone when they walk away from their desk phone, pjsip is a cleaner solution in lieu of using another extension for the cordless and follow me.

I agree with you why using PJSIP, but this issue might not be related to a “PJSIP Issue” rather than a common registration issue.

I’d keep an eye on it, and see when and why it looses the reg, and of course look at the logs.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.