PJPsip and CHANsip difference

hi there guys whats the difference with PJP and Chansip, coz on freePBX 15 on the trunk side i have this options to create trunk, but on the general SIP setting PJP used port 5060 and CHANsip 5160 why is that? can i change this to both 5060.?

and also does context=from-internal still works.?

No.
Each sip channel driver binds to one port, but it can’t be the same for both.
PJSIP is the successor of chansip, so use pjsip for everything, for trunks and extensions.

Yes.

@avayax Thanks a lot for reply , any idea how do i setup, with this scenario

i have a freePBX server with public IP address and few extension using internal network

-Now on a remote place they have remote PBX also, but they wanted to forward calls to my freePBX as if the local extension will be part of there extensions

• this remote PBX will dial out then once calls comes in they will forward to the local extension of my PBX.

How do i configure my freePBX to be able to handle this king of setup.? any idea please

PJsip will allow you to register the same extension on multiple devices.

@sentinelace

but how do i configure with the other remote PBX.?

any idea how do i setup, with this scenario

i have a freePBX server with public IP address and few extension using internal network

-Now on a remote place they have remote PBX also, but they wanted to forward calls to my freePBX as if the local extension will be part of there extensions

• this remote PBX will dial out then once calls comes in they will forward to the local extension of my PBX.

How do i configure my freePBX to be able to handle this king of setup.? any idea please

Configure a trunk between the two PBXs.

just used pjpsip trunk right.? on both ends, should it pass to inbound routes.? or no need, what context i would use.?

WHile there are implementation differences between the two trunk types, they are relatively compatible.

So, if you want to continue to use Chan-SIP on your remote server to set the trunk up, you can. It will connect to the PJ-SIP trunk on the local server without (lots of) problems. Set it up basically the same way you would have before.

As to Contexts - ‘from-anywhere’ or any other context is a FreePBX construct and is only meaningful on the local server. Let me explain:

When a call comes in from anywhere that’s allowed, the trunks receives it and sends it to the context you specified to be handled locally. This is what actually “answers” the call for your PBX. From there, the context can do a lot of things, including initiating a local call to a phone so the person can pick up the phone, answer that new call, and have to two calls (the outside one and the inside one) bridged together to make a circuit.

The SIP trunk type, then, only handles the “signalling” part of the call. Once the call is accepted by either channel server, the local machine takes over the process and the contexts defined set up the call for success.

Simplicity says “try to keep the channel drivers the same so they misbehave the same way”, but sometimes that isn’t possible. Using two channel drivers means having to maintain two wildly different configs, so it becomes a memory exercise if you run into challenges later.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.