Pin Set issue

Good day,

I have 2 Isuses, the first one is where on FreePBX16 Running Asterisk 18 will I find the pinsets, they used to be saved in /etc/asterisk/pinset_1a etc. On the version stated above I cannot find them,

secondly, I have a strange problem with Yealink phones with Multicell Dect and Pin Sets, if they are enabled in FreePBX the moment you dial a key when asked for a pin the call terminates, if I switch it back to the old style pins as per above with a custom context then it works. I have changed firmwares on the phone and this is happening on multiple systems with the same config. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have found that they are now stored in the database, Is there a way to bring back the old behaviour as default without the custom context, how would you call the pinsets in the mysql db using a custom context is someone could provide me with an example?

Is looks like the database isn’t writing a copy of the pinsets to /etc/asterisk, is there a way to force this behaviour?

Update on this, I had to install pinset v 13.0.14 to make this work, it tried every version in between. You also have to edit /var/www/html/admin/modules/pinsets/functions.inc.php line 192 from return implode($passwords,"\n"); to return implode("\n",$passwords); then it works. This seems to be a bug with the pinset module, can anyone confirm this behaviour?

Here are some examples:
Using Dynamic Routes & Pin Sets to Authenticate Caller
FreePBX Inbound Caller Authentication with PIN sets

It’s not a bug, the module is coded differently than in the past. If you’re using it in ways that are not intended, you will need to update your dialplan.

Thanks for this how would you call the pinsets in a custom context now, i.e

[from-restricted]
exten => _0.,1,Wait(1)
exten => _0.,n,Authenticate(/etc/asterisk/pinset_1,a)
exten => _0.,n,Goto(from-internal,${EXTEN},1)

exten => _0.,n,Authenticate(/PINSETS/1,ad)

the trailing d option says to interpret the first arg as a database key

1 Like

Thank you Igaetz, you are the man!..

[from-restricted]
exten => _0.,1,Answer
exten => _0.,1,Wait(1)
exten => _0.,n,Authenticate(/PINSETS/1,ad)
exten => _0.,n,Goto(from-internal,${EXTEN},1)

That did it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.