Pickup the queue calls using Pickup() for queues having dynamic agents only

Hi,

I am running Asterisk 1.8.1 and FreePBX 2.8.
I have a queue configured with dynamic agents only.
Issue: When there are no agent logged in the queue and call comes in, I want it to be picked up by dialing particular ext( for ex 0001 to pickup the ringing queue 1).
To do that I created entry in extension_custom.conf as follow:

exten=>0001,1,Pickup(1@from-queue)

This works well when all agents are static but doesn’t work when they are dynamic.( Due to fact: when agents are static, it rings them according to ring strategy and pickup can pick up the ringing channel. But, when the agents are dynamic and no one is logged in it doesn’t dial any agents and pickup fails.)

I would appreciate any suggestions about this.

Thanks.

I have the same problem. One workaround is to make a dummy static agent, but I hate having all that useless output on the cli (and in the log).

Has anyone figured out the correct way to do this? I am having the same issue. I have 6 customer service agents, all dynamic queue members. I would like to be able to ring an overhead night ringer to alert the entire office in the case that either nobody is logged in, or nobody answers in X seconds… then allow anyone in the office to do a directed call pickup to that queue. This must be possible, it doesn’t sound too out of the box.

Thanks!

-Mark

Has anyone figured out the correct way to do this? I am having the same issue. I have 6 customer service agents, all dynamic queue members. I would like to be able to ring an overhead night ringer to alert the entire office in the case that either nobody is logged in, or nobody answers in X seconds… then allow anyone in the office to do a directed call pickup to that queue. This must be possible, it doesn’t sound too out of the box.

Thanks!

-Mark