Pick up ringing phone, caller hears busy signal

Had a power failure, the FreePBX computer rebooted. Now, we are having a lot of “hang up” calls on ONE line. These are where the phone rings, you answer it, and hear either a dial tone, a quick hang up or dead silence that lasts a long time. Finally somebody told us that they got a “busy signal” when I answered the line. I heard the long silence. I looked at the call logs and saw something slightly different. On the other lines, I see chan start, from analog, DAHDI, and then answer, from trunk, DAHDI, within one second, before it starts the ring group ringing the phones. On the problem line, I see chan start, from analog, DAHDI, and then chan starts from internal, where it starts ringing all the lines, and then the answer, macro-dial, DAHDI happens six seconds later.

Looking through the setup, the ONLY difference I could find was inbound routes/advanced, signal ringing was set to yes. I set it to NO, and will have to wait a bit to see if that fixes the problem. The pop-up help on this didn’t help this newbie tell what this option actually did.

Can anybody shed some light on what might cause this trouble?

Thanks,

Jon

OK, one more tidbit. On other lines, the 2nd entry in the log is ANSWER from-trunk DAHDI
on the problem line, there is no from-trunk line in the log.

Looking back in the logs from before the power failure, that line DOES show the ANSWER from-trunk
line in the log. So, something seems to have changed when the system rebooted.

Hope somebody can point me to what is wrong.

Thanks,

Jon

AND, that seems to have fixed the problem!

Jon