PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole on line 13

When I access my freepbx 13 via SSH the first thing that loads is the below. Wondering what is wrong?

PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole on line 13
PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening ‘/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole on line 13
PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Symfony\Component\Console\Application’ not found in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/FWApplication.class.php on line 11
[ec2-user@skynet ~]$

you mean in CLI ?
seems your installation is not complete. Did you install from Distro or manually?
please run this may help for permission errors:

fwconsole chown

Does this user have root access

Yes in the CLI, i get that message as soon as i get in the system with user. I run the command you mentined and i got this

[root@skynet ec2-user]# fwconsole chown
Taking too long? Customize the chown command, See http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/FreePBX+Chown+Conf
Setting Permissions…
37607/37607 [============================] 100%
Finished setting permissions

Then I tried to access and I get the same message

login as: ec2-user
Authenticating with public key "imported-openssh-key"
Last login: Thu Jun 16 14:29:43 2016 from 190.154.250.64

PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole on line 13
PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening ‘/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole on line 13
PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Symfony\Component\Console\Application’ not found in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/FWApplication.class.php on line 11
[ec2-user@skynet ~]$

No, ec2-user does not have root access since AWS require you to access with a SSH key. Once I’m in, I can do su root.

Then everything is working as designed. Only the asterisk user can read that file, otherwise any user could connect to your database with the credentials in that file.