Php /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma listonline pegging CPU, causing high load

Since updating last month I notice very high and sustained system load.

I can see in top that the process

root php /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma listonline

is pegging the CPU.

When I log in as root and execute php /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma listonline it completes very quickly and lists modules, then exits so the script itself and my network connectivity seem to be fine.

I also notice that the process pegging the CPU is constantly changing PID as FreePBX somehow does not detect that it completed and keeps respawning it. Has anyone else encountered this ?

Everything seems to be working. Just the load used to be well below 1.0 and I never had this process respawn over and over again. I tried rebooting the instance and made sure everything is up to date.

If you go onto the web console and go to the modules admin section, any issues? I’m wondering if related to the recent thing where the error about needing to clear out /dev/shm/yumwrapper shows up.

Hi Nielsen,

Thank you for the hint! I notice no issues anywhere in the web console. I went to /admin/config.php?display=modules to have a look and it loads quickly and looks to be working. But system load is truly awful since those updates a few weeks ago.

Check out the monthly CPU load graph: :open_mouth:

ffd3

Current PBX Version: 15.0.16.73
Current System Version: 12.7.8-2008-1.sng7  
Total Module Count: 114
Enabled: 108
Disabled: 5

The numbers below may be inaccurate if new modules have been released since the last check:

Last online check: 2020-09-08T02:37:27+00:00

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.