I have Polycom IP 330 soundpoint, I have update mine freepbx, the problem is Freepbx newer version only take two letters and two numbers as secret key for extension which is driving me crazy to setup Polycom phones, Polycom phones only take numeric as a password for their lines.
I have setup a my extension without secret key (password) it will allow polycom to register with Trixbox/Freepbx but with secret key and two numbers and two letters Polycom wont register with Trixbox/Freepbx I have Weakpassword detection disable as well.
Did you figure this out toweldepot? I am having a similar issue. Our Polycom 331 & 550 phones will not register if I change the secret to anything other than the 8 string pass created when the system was originally built by our phone tech. I have tried both simple and complex strings and nothing I’ve tried seems to work. The phones simply won’t register with any secret other than the original. I use the polycom web utility to change the “Auth User ID” and in PBX I change the “secret”. Is there another place in the phones or pbx to change the secret that I am missing? Someone hacked our system and I need to change these asap. Any help is much appreciated.
I’m working on a Polycom 601, and editing the polycom config files directly. The phones will register if I set the secret to blank as well as the polycom’s “auth.password” to blank - the register. Without FreePBX, and just using straight Asterisk, I can put a simple numeric password. But FreePBX requires me to add two letters! It won’t let me enter anything else. I am running bootrom 4.1.4 (firmware 3.1.8 legacy release) at the moment. This is making me not want to use FreePBX. Is there no way to avoid the complexity requirement on the secret?
Ah, I’ve even tried disabling the WeakPasswordDetection module, and that didn’t help.
So I (made a copy of) and edited the file at \root\var\www\html\admin\assets\js\pbxlib.js and searched for the function called weakSecret() and in the pard where it does the password.match, I removed the clause that required the letters in the string, so that it now reads:
However, even though I’ve set the secret to match the polycom auth.password, it doesn’t register, saying the password is wrong. The password for the user in FreePBX is the same as the secret and the polycom password.
I finally figured it out. In the polycom settings, the reg.1.address and reg.1.auth.userId must be the same, and must match the Linked User in the FreePBX settings. After that, then the secret will work when it matches the reg.1.auth.password.