Phones in ring group don't ring

We are running FreePBX 15.0.23.25. All endpoints are Sangoma S705’s running v2.0.4.88. I have a single multichannel SIP trunk as an inbound route which lands on an IVR. From there, calls are routed to several different ring groups, based on the IVR option selected. There seems to be a problem where the phones in a particular ring group (extension 201, 202, 203, and 204) are all on hook - none of the phones are in use. A customer will call in, get sent to a ring group, and the phones don’t ring. The customer leaves a voicemail, and then the VM notification pops up on the phones. Here is a link to a filter of /var/log/asterisk/full which shows the full lifecycle of one of these calls.

I have tried to reproduce this, but it never seems to happen when I am there. They handle 200 to 400 inbound calls every day, and I think it’s a very small percentage of them where this happens. Please let me know if I can provide more information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/b1734657

The logs show it called and rang the extensions for 30 seconds and no one answered. Could the endpoints be the issue? Are they having any issues registering? Do you have endpoint logs during this time?

I had already looked for the phones re-registering, I don’t see anything like that in the logs. Furthermore, shortly after I made this post, I went and checked the local call history on each of the phones. And while I didn’t check for all of the “no-ring calls”, the two that I did check were in the local call history of the phone as missed calls. So at this point, I am thinking I have only two possibilities. Either the front desk staff are wrong, and the phones are ringing, like it says in the logs, but they are just not hearing it (or whatever). Or, there is definitely something wrong with the endpoints and they are not playing any sound or changing their screens for certain calls.

I am trying to gather more data. But if anyone has any ideas in the meantime, I’d love to hear it.

could ring volume be the issue? Do they use headsets? Is there a chance they were already on the phone and missed that a call was coming in (look at the CDR)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.