Phone Apps running really slow or locking up phone

Just got in the new Sangoma S500 phones and the first one I set up is running extremely slow, screen doesn’t respond when trying to navigate the basic built in menus or even when a call comes in.

I have tried resetting back to defaults, manually setting up the extension with out Phone Apps (XML) but it seems to always have the slowness issue. The only thing that seems to temporary resolve the issue is pulling power (poe) and letting it sit for a min. After that it will work great for about 2 hours then go back to its normal slowness.

I know the phones are pretty new, has anyone else ran into this issue? Any new firmware that has to be manually pushed to the device?

Phone info
Product Model S500
Firmware Version BOOT–2.0.3.36(2016-01-31 11:10:00)
IMG–2.0.4.7(2016-04-11 15:55:00)
ROM–2.0.4.7(2016-04-11 15:57:00)
DSP–9.0.3(Patch 1.0.0)

We have not had any other reports of this and can not re-create it. Can you please open a support ticket at ussupport.sangoma.com under the Phone Department. Please include the files from this wiki.

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Gathering+Logs+for+Support+Staff

I was wrong. Someone else reported this with a S500 also so please get us those logs and open a ticket and we will figure out whats going on

Tony,

Thanks, I have been trying to fine the correct support portal to use. None that I have found before had the phones as options.

1 Like

@digitalb once logged in to ussupport.sangoma.com you will see the phone option when you submit a ticket.

Thank you Preston, I was going to sangoma.com not the ussupport.sangoma.com one.

I have the exact same issue. What did you do to resolve this?

This one ended up being a bug in restapps, if I remember correctly. It was a while ago, and has been fixed for ages. I guess you need to check that your FreePBX installation is up to date? (Module Admin -> Check Online -> Update all of them)

Yes you need to make sure all your modules in FreePBX 13 are updated to the latest.