Phantom Calls

The FreePBX dashboard shows calls occurring all night, however, I the office is closed. Can someone please provide some additional understanding as to what is happening here?

SIP Settings are:
Allow Anonymous Calls: NO
Allow SIP Guests: NO

Thank you

What does the log say at that time? Also have you had a look at the CDR Reports?

Doing a core show channels might show a stuck channel that lingers from a past call.

The CDR report does not show any calls being made. The report, for the hours in question, is blank.

I will try the command after hours as the PBX activity is a bit high now.

Thank you

I believe you should be able to see the channel uptime.

At least with core show channels verbose

The office is closed, this is what I see in the query result. I do not know what that “active call” is.

Channel Location State Application(Data)
SIP/Vitelity-inbound s@app-announcement-1 Ring BackGround(custom/afterhours,n
1 active channel
1 active call
18045 calls processed

Looks like the call has been active for some time, which should not be the case. Any way to kill the connection. Just reboot?

Channel Context Extension Prio State Application Data CallerID Duration Accountcode PeerAccount BridgeID
SIP/Vitelity-inbound app-announcement-1 s 4 Ring BackGround custom/afterhours,nm 40:41:47
1 active channel
1 active call
18045 calls processed

You can use the “channel request hangup” CLI command which will tab complete the channel name to request that it be hung up. If it works, then the channel was seemingly never hung up by anything or it got lost. If it doesn’t work, then it’s stuck internally in Asterisk for some reason but being in Background it is unlikely.

The issue cleared up, not sure why. I extended the Firewall rule to block flagged IP addresses for a month at a time and ran the investigative queries suggested earlier. I am now going to move the flagged IP addresses from the PBX to the firewall. This will stop them at the gate.

Thank you all for your input and support. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.