PBX Module for SuiteCRM 8 fails install

Hi all,

Looking to install the module to connect SuiteCRM but unfortunately it fails, apparently because of an issue with the creation of a database.

Sat Sep 30 14:11:24 2023 [845][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
Sat Sep 30 14:11:24 2023 [845][1][FATAL] Error creating table: sng_callhistory: Query Failed: CREATE TABLE sng_callhistory (`id` char(36)  NOT NULL ,`name` varchar(255)  NULL ,`date_entered` datetime  NULL ,`date_modified` datetime  NULL ,`modified_user_id` char(36)  NULL ,`created_by` char(36)  NULL ,`description` text  NULL ,`deleted` bool  DEFAULT '0' NULL ,`assigned_user_id` char(36)  NULL ,`uniqueid` varchar(255)  NULL ,`linkedid` varchar(255)  NULL ,`datetime` datetime  NULL ,`direction` varchar(255)  NULL ,`status` varchar(255)  NULL ,`src` varchar(255)  NULL ,`dest` varchar(255)  NULL ,`duration` varchar(255)  NULL ,`recording` varchar(255)  NULL ,`recording_location` varchar(255)  NULL  , PRIMARY KEY (id),   KEY idx_sng_callhistory_tmst_id (team_set_id)) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci: MySQL error 1072: Key column 'team_set_id' doesn't exist in table
Sat Sep 30 14:11:24 2023 [845][1][FATAL] Exception handling in /var/www/sites/projectmyro/public_html/sales/public/legacy/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:397
Sat Sep 30 14:11:24 2023 [845][1][FATAL] Exception in Controller: Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.

I posted the issue on freepbx issue tracker … but I don’t know if it is normal to after 2 days no interactions at all on the issue tracker.

Anyway leaving a reference of the issue here. Is there a better place to report this? Thank you.

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-24393

1 Like

Is the SuiteCRM 8 creators now recommending it for production? If you can link any articles or forum post that they are recommending it then it might help you get some momentum.

@idho0618 wow man, last question I was expecting to see.
I have so many questions:

I’m not sure what you mean by “recommending it for production”. Do they not recommend it for production?
Since FreePBX has two modules - one for sugar/suite < 8 and another for sugar/suite ≥ 8, and having the module been developed by Sangoma with that in mind, what is the relevance of SuiteCRM recommendation?

Anyway, SuiteCRM 8 was released in 2021, It’s already on 8.4.1. Started with PHP8.0 support now already up to 8.2.
PHP-7 EOL was somewhen late November 2022, extended support will end in like an year or less?
Should companies not worry with upgrades?

And another thing… does an issue in SQL CREATE TABLE statement (as apparently the tables are being created wrong) have anything really to do with SuiteCRM version really?

I’m not sure what you mean by “recommending it for production”. Do they not recommend it for production?

Well just doing a fast read @ SuiteCRM it looks like most folks have 8.0+ in test environments.

Let me challenge you to copy and past any research you are finding showing anything deferent.

Anyway, SuiteCRM 8 was released in 2021, It’s already on 8.4.1. Started with PHP8.0 support now already up to 8.2.

I will hold to the same challenge as above.

PHP-7 EOL was somewhen late November 2022, extended support will end in like an year or less?
Should companies not worry with upgrades?

Released 29/08/2023

Assets
Download

Github

Release Notes
Enhancements
System Requirement Changes
The minimum php version has been updated to php 8.1. The supported versions are now php 8.1 and 8.2.

And another thing… does an issue in SQL CREATE TABLE statement (as apparently the tables are being created wrong) have anything really to do with SuiteCRM version really?

You are working with a PAID Sangoma product. So I will hold to my ordinal thought. Are the SuiteCRM 8 Devs now recommending it for production? If you can link any articles or forum post that they are recommending it then it might help you get some momentum.

When you talk to a Sangoma Dev I would have your ducks in a row on the above. In production, if you ask me, I would stick with 7.14+ due to it having php 8.1. and being able to work with freepbx/PBXact.

SuiteCRM 8 is bleeding edge. Freepbx maybe slow to adopt bleeding edge.

Another thought, if you are real gun ho about using SuiteCRM 8. Try using the CRM API module. I cant vouch for it but just a idea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.