PBX connected to another PBX via pjsip trunks

The configuration that would make sense to me is to have outbound authentication and Registration: SEND on the PBX with dynamic IP

and inbound authentication + Registration: RECEIVE on the PBX with a static IP

Using VPN is not so straightforward for my setup as I’m using a FreePBX on a raspberry Pi (RasPBX) and I can’t use the built-in VPN server as System Admin module can’t be installed on this architecture. So I need to use another client. Another complication is that the PBX will be located in a mobile network and VPN’s are known to be unstable in this kind of environment.

It is a relating to the AOR settings. The raw Asterisk settings allow you to replace the contact, if a new registration comes in. I’m not sure if that is supported by teh GUI and using a VPN is likely to be less hassle.

Yes, I saw this post you wrote earlier this year and I couldn’t find it to be supported by the GUI.

Note that, if you are only initiating calls from PBX1 to PBX2, you don’t need to register at all. Things will still break if things change mid-call.

I need the PBXs to pass calls in both directions.

Is there an extension missing in my configuration? Would the trunks need also some extensions to be defined in order to help the registration process? I remember that somebody proposed this in a post, it wasn’t the recommended way to do it.