Passing Caller ID to Extensions upon transfer

Does anyone know a way to pass the inbound CID, rather than the transferring extension number, to the receiving extension during a transfer? When our receptionist transfers calls, the inbound CID is lost and the Receptionist Extension number appears instead.

Thanks in advance.

J Young

if you are doing an attended transfer it is going to send the extension’s CID because an attended transfer is not a transfer until the call referral is made, it is just a call to the new extension (while the first gets put on hold). If you do a blind transfer, you should be able to get it to use the original CID. However, I suspect you may not want to do a blind transfer and lose control of the call if they are not there, etc.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

This function is missing with Asterisk.

Phones do support this function. Aastra for example clearly state that they support the caller ID change during a call. (this parameter need to be loaded through the aastra.cfg file : sip update callerid: 1).

Most numeric telephone systems do have this functionnality.

After patching Asterisk 1.2 with metermaid (directed call pickup) and parking BLF, i think it is one of the last big hole we have inside an Asterisk system compared to traditionnal telephony.

This needs to be adressed fastly. I hope this will be backported to asterisk 1.2, because the testing i’ve done with 1.4 show disfunctionnement with advanced functions (directed call pickup and intercom do not work at all for example).

Last, there seems to be some work to get this working with asterisk 1.4 :

http://bugs.digium.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=8824

Best Regards,

Olivier.

@ Oliver,

Directed call pickup works just fine with 1.4, infact 1.4 works very well indeed now, as long as it’s configured correctly.

Caller ID on transfer is important, and it does work fine on blind transfer with most handsets, it’s not really needed on an announced transfer, but it can help a lot. Yes regular PBX’s do this, no asterisk does not.

It can be patched in, but it would be handset specific and most asterisk code is targetted towards generic functions.