Paging & Intercom for Fire Alert

hi Team,

I want to create a paging & intercom for Fire Alert System.

forexample when the admin staff dials the page extension 1122 it will dial the set of extensions

this is achieved but we want to add an alert tone like alarm tone before the admin guys start their announcement.

I am using Freepbx 2.11 and asterisk 11

Please help me achieve this.

Likely you will get more appropriate help with a system less than 9 year out of date :wink:

LOLz…

This is done but I just need a alarm tone before beginning the announcement.

How is that ‘done’ ?

Asterisk will play files ‘chained’ with & , what is your preferred ’ alarm tone’ there are lots of files in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/*

This is a feature of the commercial Paging Pro module. But you really want to get on a supportable version of FreePBX before you spend any money on commercial modules.

I want to play some random emergency alarm tone which I will add to the customs.

but in my paging and intercom it only gives me list of extensions to add to the group and pager extension.

pager 2

any tip without spending the money because I don’t want to spend money on the old freepbx version.

I used to get this done by creating a dialplan in the extensions_custom.conf

[ext-paging-custom]
exten => 10000,1,Answer
exten => 10000,n,Wait(3)
exten => 10000,n,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/COVID_19_reminder)
exten => 10000,n,HangUp()

and then create page group in the pbx like 1008 and add the group of extensions.
then set this command to run from cron
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx ‘channel originate Local/10000@ext-paging extension 1008@ext-paging’

but this time the requirement is to allow user or admin to dial the extension like emergence pager extension 1122 and then the Fire Alarm or any emergency alarm announcement plays to everyone before the admin guy start announcing like “it’s a false alarm” or whatever.

Paging groups are configurable with an ‘Alert tone’ (which is not surprisingly played first :wink: )

But seriously dude 2.11 !!!

@dicko I can understand but we tried upgrading this pbx and whole system got crashed or you know this cannot be upgradable to newer version.

however this is the major constraint right now.

:smiley: :smiley:

No, I did’t know that, there have been many recipes to update FreePBX over the last decade, they have all worked for me. Perhaps you need to pay more attention to your system(s) in the future, no?

yeah. but for now my current and main focus is to achieve this.

any idea or any workaround that you can share.

I will be really thankful

Once upon a time a long time ago , I installed 12.

maybe do that and try and import 2.11 into it , seriously, think about rebuilding from scratch though.

Good Luck though patching what you have.

LOLz… this time the main focus is to make this alert system in working.

:slight_smile:

however we have already planned the migration to newer system next month which is FreePBX 15.

Then as it apparently works sans your ‘custom alert’ now, maybe spend your time (and ours) more productively and worry about Paging then.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.