P-preferred-identity with CID of the extension needed for TopLink Express Clip-No-Screening outbound

Hi, I want to use TopLink Express as an outgoing provider with clip-no-screening. Toplink support says the PBX (FreePBX 18.16.0) have to send the CID as p-preferred-identity. The used extensions have a valid number in the CID field. Support says no CID is sent as p-preferred-identity.
I found some information related with this problem in this forum, But the information seems to be old, only by editing files or slightly different.
Any good solutions?

Did you select “send p-asserted-identity-header” (send RPID) in the advanced extension settings?

Yes, “Send P-Asserted-Identity-header” in “send RPID” field is default and active. I tried “Send Remote ID header too”.
But it´s all about sending “P-Preferred-Identity”!

FreePBX does not support setting P-Preferred-Identity in the GUI. You have to write a custom predial hook in the extensions_custom.conf. We had the same thing with the Deutsche Telekom when using call forwarding. Our trunk requires a valid caller id that belongs to our number block in the P-Preferred-Identity header. This is what it looks like:

[macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook]
exten => s,1,Noop(Entering user defined context macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook in extensions_custom.conf)
;Set needed sip header to apply to the Telekom standard 1TR118, Absatz 2.12 and make forwarding calls working
exten => s,n,GoSub(func-set-sipheader,s,1(P-Preferred-Identity,<sip:[email protected]>))
exten => s,n,MacroExit

Just for clarification. The Deutsche Telekom also supports the P-Asserted-Identity header as an alternative. But FreePBX always set the original caller id into the header. So the GUI settings would still not work. Maybe this helps.

Thanks joni1802. I hoped, that there is a simple solution to this problem. Unfortunately I have multiple trunks and I´m not sure the other trunks will ignore the message. Anyone reading this, can find some information on this topic on Hooking for fun and income
Hope I find some time to test some ‘hooks and loops’ or better ‘hooks and noops’ :wink:

There’s dialplan here for determining the trunk name:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.