Override callerid (name) length in context

Hello, everyone.
In macro-user-callerid extension, file extensions_additional.conf names of callers (callerid(name)) is limited to 40 characters (the line exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name):0:40})
), which does not work with non-ascii characters. If I set the limit to 80 characters, it is overwritten on the next reload. I have tried to override the extension in the extensions_override.conf file, but it does not work. How to correctly override the extension?

Hi @dux

The limit of 40 characters is not a global value or set from any other variable its just written in the dailplan because its mentioned that way in the code. To make any changes in the dialplan please do add the context in extensions_custom.conf file and add your changes so that your changes will still work even after reload.

Thanks and Regards
Sandesh P

The overriden extension in extensions_freepbx_override.conf used to work, but now it does not. I have put it in the extensions_custom.conf, but it does not work either when this same extension is not commented out in the extensions_additional.conf file. The file extensions.conf says, the extensions in the extensions_freepbx_override.conf must override the default extensions, but for some reason it works only when the same extension is made inactive in extensions_additional.conf. On reload the CLI warns that extensions are already included in extensions_additional.conf.

I have understood my mistake. Before settings the callerID length I have to set the encoding as follows: exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name-charset)=utf8)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.