Outgoing SIP calls ring internal extension

I have a problem and I have been searching the internet for days trying to figure out if what I am trying to do is even possible. I would think it is, but I honestly don’t know. I’m just getting my feet wet with Asterisk and FreePBX so if I leave out any important info please let me know.

As of right now I have my FreePBX system setup (using AsteriskNow 1.7.1). I have installed and working a TDM410P Analog card with 2 Trunk ports and 1 Station port.

Calls coming into the system on the PSTN line can be received by both the ZAP and SIP extensions with no problems. I can also call out on the ZAP extension with no problems and I can call between both extensions with no problem.

The problem comes when I try to make an outgoing call using the SIP (X-Lite 4 Softphone) extension. When I dial an outside number the ZAP extension begins to ring like an incoming call. I have also setup a ring group that includes both extensions and if I set that as the destination for incoming calls it WILL ring both extensions.

As I said above I have been searching for about 2 weeks now to figure out this problem and I can’t even seem to find anyone talking about this. I figure I am either trying to do something that can’t be done, or this is something so simple that no one is having any problems with it. In either case it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

I realize you guys will probably want the output of log files and things like that, but at this point I’m not entirely sure what information will be helpful to you guys so I apologize for not having it posted already.

Thanks in advance,
Ono

post zap configs as well as exactly what you defined as you outbound trunk. also post log of a call that goes to the extension instead of out on a zap line.

without seeing the file i would guess that you have defined [in the zap config] all the ports on the card to be in the same group, and that your outbound trunk references this group [zap/g0 or some such thing]. so when you dial out from xlite, it sees the zap extension as one of the outbound trunk options. when you dial out from the zap extension, it sees the same thing but the zap extension is busy so it picks an alternative and [correctly] dials out. the inbound behavior an the ring group behavior is consistent with this …so thats where i would look first.