Outgoing email suddenly being bounced

Hi
I’m using the System Admin Pro module V2.9.0.19 from Schmooze and it’s been working perfectly. Suddenly I stopped getting email notifications. Here is a line from the mail log:

status=bounced (host smtp.embarqmail.com[208.47.184.3] said: 550 5.1.7 [F16] No such domain localhost.localdomain. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

I haven’t made any changes to the system so I’m leaning towards this being an embarq problem. Is there anything in this log entry that would indicate an asterisk problem?

Thanks
Derek

Looks like your email provider is rejection your mail because it can’t resolve and verify who the mail is coming from (i.e. localhost.localdomain). You need to make sure your email system is sending the mail from a valid domain.

In the email section of sysadmin pro make sure you define a domain in the domain field. That should solve your issue.

Hi Tony
Thanks for the response.
What’s weird is I never had anything in that box before. I didn’t know what to put so I left it blank and it worked.

Which leads to the next question. I still don’t know what I should use as the domain! (let my ignorance flag fly)

Derek

It needs to be a domain that your email server uses.

Hi Tony
I tried embarqmail.com but no luck. The log still shows the same bounce error. Does System Admin Pro store its info in master.cf? I don’t see embarqmail.com listed in that file when I read it.

Thanks
Derek