Outgoing calls dropping 1st digit of phone number?

I have a new freepbx server installed with a Sangoma A200 4 port FXO card.

I had trouble getting any outgoing call to go through. Local numbers would just say could not be completed as dialed.
Long distance numbers would say “you must dial a 1 or 0 in front of the number”.

So, I started monitoring asterisk, and verified that it was dialing the numbers with the 1 included on long distance numbers.

So, I started playing around with the Outgoing Route Dial Patterns, and found that if I prepend a digit in front of all outgoing numbers, they work (kinda).

So, I am prepending a 9 in front of all numbers. It shows the prepend number in the asterisk log as it is dialed, but the Sangoma card must be dropping that digit somewhere because the call goes through.
This includes local and long distance numbers.

Could the Sangoma card be dialing before a dial tone is established?

Now that I have it working, sorta, at least 50% of the time, we get a fast busy signal on all long distance calls. We can hang up immediately and redial the number, and it may go through perfectly.

All incoming calls work great. This problem is only with outgoing calls.

Any ideas? What logs would you need to look at?

Thanks

please check the prefix and show the CLI log. the log will show you what the pbx sends out.

Doing a little research, it looks like I may need to add some delay to the outbound calls. But I am not sure how to do it.
I tried adding ww to the prepend section in the Dial patterns, but it does not save them.

Where would I introduce a delay before dialing?

How can I add a wait time in the prefix for all outgoing calls? I would like for it to wait 1 second before dialing the number.

Remove the 9 prepend in your Outbound Route. For the trunk in question, Dialed Number Manipulation Rules, try setting Outbound Dial Prefix to “ww” (without the quotes). Submit, then Apply Changes.

If the above doesn’t work, please see http://kb.digium.com/articles/Configuration/How-do-I-add-a-delay-before-sending-dialed-digits-to-the-telco-over-an-analog-line-using-FreePBX .

Perfect. The custom route in that link seems to have done it.

I applied it, and it seems to be all good now. I will follow up tomorrow after the office staff arrives to confirm.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.